Renfrew Water Standpipe Rehabilitation
- Project Management
- Location: Renfrew, Ontario
- Size: 1.7 million Imp. gal tank
- Client: Town of Renfrew
- JLR Contact: Sarah Gore
- Related Projects: City of Corner Brook New Water Treatment Plant, First Nations Community Serpent River New Water Treatment Plant
JLR, in association with Mulders Inspection Services Co. Ltd. (MISCO), provided engineering services for the rehabilitation of Renfrew’s 1.7 million imperial gallon steel potable water standpipe.
JLR’s scope of services for this project included:
- Provision and installation of all temporary works required to complete the upgrades, such as pressure relief valves installed at strategic locations of the water distribution network.
- Specifying and overseeing surface preparation and coating application for the replacement of the interior lining and overcoat of the exterior lining of the structure.
- Provision of a hydraulic mixing system (Tideflex® system) within the standpipe to improve water turnover and prevent freezing.
- Installation of safety equipment and other safety related upgrades.
- Modifications to the existing ventilation system.
- Provision of a new access manhole and overflow piping system.
- Miscellaneous repairs and upgrades to the structure.
The rehabilitation work included an AWWA/NACE and Safety Upgrade Inspection, preparation of design drawings and specifications, full-time site inspection, and construction contract administration.