In our continual effort to foster exceptional people, J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture where all employees are included, treated with dignity and respect, and placed in positions to contribute to our collective future success. JLR’s leadership team believes in developing a culture that supports inclusivity. Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion leads to better decision making and stronger teams.
JLR embraces our current and future employees’ differences in age, color, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make us unique.
The objectives of this policy encourage and enforce:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for diversity.
Areas of Action
JLR is committed to continuously improving how we communicate externally about a number of diverse social initiatives tied to our goals of supporting diversity in our industry and showing that JLR is a welcoming and supportive space for all people.
JLR is committed to educating our staff and leaders to meet the changing needs of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. This practice will help foster a culture of intersectional collaboration.
All employees of JLR have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other company-sponsored and participative events.
JLR’s diversity initiatives are applicable – but not limited – to our practices and policies on:
- Recruitment and selection.
- Compensation, benefits, and leave policies.
- Professional development and training.
- Promotions, transfers, layoffs, and terminations.
- Social and recreational programs.
- Vendor selection.
- Projects and proposals.