- Are you looking to learn from a range of top electrical experts in the construction industry?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternative delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Electrical EIT graduate from an accredited engineering program looking for experience in the field?
- Are you a self-starter excited to learn and seek new experiences, skills, and abilities?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s electrical group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in the municipal sector while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, sustainable solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams at JLR to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design normal and emergency power distribution, communication, life safety, lighting, instrumentation, and control systems.
- Preparing electrical bids and construction drawings, and documents for various projects.
- Completing site reviews during construction and reporting on observations.
- Communicating effectively with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, architects, and sub-consultants on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our electrical projects? Check out our collaborative, multidisciplinary work on the Carleton University Campus Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation, what we did on the Nordion Radiopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility in Ottawa or our work to design and oversee construction for the City of Kingston’s award-winning Ravensview Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now