- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovation technologies and alternative delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Electrical EIT graduate from an accredited engineering program looking for experience in the field?
- Are you a self-starter that is excited to learn and seek out new experiences, skills, and abilities?
- Do you have a desire to actively participate on multidisciplinary teams of architects, engineers, planners, and other specialists to get the job done?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’re looking for a talented Electrical EIT to join our Electrical group in either our Ottawa, Sudbury, or Timmins office. Joining JLR means joining a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program and a 100% employee-owned firm with a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors. As Electrical EIT, you will take on existing clients, develop new relationships, and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. We are a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role as Electrical EIT will include:
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design normal and emergency power distribution, communication, life safety, lighting, instrumentation, and control systems.
- Preparing electrical bid and construction drawings and documents for various projects.
- Completing site reviews during construction and reporting on observations.
- Communicating effectively with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, architects, and subconsultants on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and along the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region, and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative with an open-door policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and pursue interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our Electrical projects? Check out our collaborative, multidisciplinary work on the Laurentian University East Residence in Sudbury, or what we did on the Nordion Radiopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility in Ottawa, or our work to design and oversee construction for the City of Kingston’s award-winning Ravensview Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now