- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Electrical Technologist with 3+ years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing or consulting engineering environment?
- Do you have a sound understanding of engineering fundamentals to resolve new challenges?
- Do you love working in and consider yourself highly proficient using AutoCAD or Revit?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Industrial Electrical group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working directly with engineers and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team at all stages, from concept design to final commissioning.
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design normal and emergency power distribution, communication, life safety, lighting, instrumentation, and control systems, including:
- Plant, equipment, piping, electrical, controls and instrumentation specification, layout and design.
- Preliminary and feasibility studies.
- Selection and specification of Instruments and valves.
- Selection, specification and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers and Human Machine Interfaces.
- Wiring and cabling schematics.
- Creating detailed drawings necessary for the manufacturing and installation of equipment.
- Commissioning of Control Systems.
- Preparing electrical bids, construction drawings and documents for industrial and commercial projects.
- Assisting engineers and technologists with project execution during all project phases.
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the great lakes of Ontario. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (prom, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Have an informal chat on LinkedIn with Sanjay Narayan, P.Eng., Instrumentation & Controls Engineer, or Boris Smaryanakis, P.Eng. Electrical Engineer, to learn more about our Electrical team.
Interested in our Industrial Electrical projects? Check out our work on the Andritz Crane Design, where our team was contracted to collect, manage, and report crane usage statistics and key performance indicator (KPI) values for a woodyard crane. You can also check out the detailed engineering of a water control trailer and HMI software design our team provided for the Global Aerospace Centre for Icing and Environmental Research Inc. Facility in Manitoba.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now