- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Industrial Designer with 3+ years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing or building systems environment?
- Do you have a desire to actively participate in multidisciplinary teams of architects, engineers, planners, and other specialists to get the job done?
- Do you love working in and consider yourself highly proficient using: AutoCAD, CADWorx Plant or Plant 3D, Solidworks or Inventor, and Navisworks?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented, driven person to support our mechanical team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you help to bring on new clients and service existing ones and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working directly with mechanical engineers and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary Project Team to deliver detail-oriented mechanical engineering design projects.
- Interpreting/Evaluating existing designs based on OEM drawings and information obtained from site inspections for the purpose of producing drawings for retrofit modification.
- Investigating, determining, and collecting missing information required to complete designs, including shifting work focus to advance work throughout process.
- Designing and developing engineered documents per industry codes, including utility boilers according to ASME boiler and pressure vessel codes.
- Preparing Detail, Welding / Machining, and Mechanical Assembly Drawings from both 2D and 3D geometries.
- Performing mechanical design of systems/components and component selection.
- Preparing General Arrangement, Structure & Building sketches and drawings.
- Being responsible for drawing presentation, accuracy and determining the sufficient level of detail required to facilitate manufacture & installation, including maintaining drawing consistency with others in the department.
- Conducting site inspections to measure and record pertinent information for the development and design of components to integrate with existing design.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now