- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Architect or Architectural Technologist with at least 10 years of experience in consulting?
- Does mentoring and providing guidance to a local team of approximately 15 other talented Architects, Interns, and Architectural Technologists to help foster the creation of high quality custom solutions for clients excite you?
We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented, enthusiastic person to build upon and lead JLR’s architectural group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you provide guidance and mentoring to our teams, help to bring on new clients, service existing ones and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
With offices across Ontario, all staffed with a diverse team of professionals, JLR stands out in the industry due to our unique collaborative approach.
Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
Leadership and Management Aspects:
- Providing daily guidance to our Ottawa Architectural team for both business and technical development
- Assisting in the implementation of policies and business strategies to allow for consistent delivery across projects and markets
- Coaching employees, including both formal and informal training and mentoring
- Collaborating with Chiefs to ensure back-up and succession by monitoring the ongoing development of staff members’ abilities and scope of expertise
- Consulting and collaborating with Chiefs to help achieve corporate objectives
- As a member of the leadership of the organization, working collaboratively with other stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes for the entire organization
- As either an Architect or Architectural Technologist, engaging through all project stages, from definition, through planning, design, and construction using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs and manage and deliver projects
- Carrying out and directing visits to client and construction sites
- Ensuring fluid communication between the various internal and external stakeholders involved in each project
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and budget estimates
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, architects, and planners on multidisciplinary projects
- Displaying excellent knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (Part 3), proficiency with the CCDC 2 2020, and a strong understanding of building envelope systems
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know that:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more)
Ready? Send us a cover letter, resume, and portfolio outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now