- Are you an emerging leader looking to develop and manage clients and projects?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Mechanical Designer with 5+ years of experience working on buildings in the engineering consulting industry?
- Do you love working in AutoCAD and consider yourself highly proficient?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa and Sudbury offices for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s mechanical group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in the municipal sector, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, sustainable solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams at JLR to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working with a design team across all of JLR’s offices as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary project team.
- Assisting mechanical engineers and other technologists with project execution during all project phases.
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design piping, ductwork, and related systems.
- Completing site work and assisting with contract administration during construction.
- Assisting in the preparation of mechanical bids and construction drawings and documents.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more)
Interested in our Mechanical projects? Check out our work on the Ravensview Water Pollution Control Plant, where our firm was retained as the prime consultant for a $115M upgrade to the WWTP, known today as one of the city’s most significant municipal projects in history. You can also take a look at the Corner Brook Water Treatment Plant project, that was designed to fit within an existing excavated footprint established for the previously cancelled tendered project.
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now