- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, driven, and enthusiastic Mechanical EIT graduate from an accredited engineering program looking for experience in the field?
- Do you have a desire to actively participate on multidisciplinary teams of architects, engineers, planners, and other specialists to get the job done?
If you scored three for three, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Sudbury and Timmins offices for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside JLR’s Mechanical group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working directly with mechanical engineers and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team to develop PFDs and P&IDs, general arrangements, and select mechanical equipment.
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design mechanical systems, including but not limited to, process equipment modification/replacement, pumping systems, HVAC and plumbing systems, etc.
- Preparing mechanical tender/construction drawings and contract documents for Industrial and Mining and commercial projects.
- Assisting project managers, engineers, and technologists with project execution during all project phases.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (Prom, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our Mechanical projects? Check out our work on the University of Guelph Performance Centre where our firm was retained as the Prime Consultant for the renovation and expansion of the centre located inside the Alumni Stadium. You can also take a look at the Brantford Environmental Services Building project, where JLR provided structural, mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering as well as architectural, planning, and contract administration services for the development of what is now the new Environmental Services Administration Building and Vehicle Storage Garage.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now