- Are you passionate about creativity and the written word?
- Does working with an experienced team to contribute to the success of corporate business development initiatives excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic writer with 2+ years of experience in proposal writing, researching, proofreading and reviewing who has worked within a construction, engineering or architecture environment or has a relevant educational and vocational background?
- Do you have keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in our offices for talented, passionate candidates to work alongside our exceptional people in JLR’s Project Delivery team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to work side by side with industry professionals, contributing to an energetic team whilst developing your career.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working with multi-market, multi-discipline proposal teams to generate submissions in response to proposal requests
- Collaborating with various JLR colleagues and sub-consultants in the preparation of proposal documents
- Coordinating with Proposal Sponsors to create, manage and track proposal content required to meet pursuit requirements
- Establishing priorities and coordination of scheduling for researching, drafting, revising and the submission of proposals
- Writing, editing and reviewing content with careful attention to grammar, punctuation, style, tone, and consistency
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions and growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes. You should also know that:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, initiative, and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver all kinds of projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now