- Do you pride yourself on superior organizational prowess?
- Are you a friendly face who enjoys communicating with people?
- Are you a sharp, savvy, capable corporate assistant, receptionist, or coordinator?
- Does working in a supportive team environment with enthusiastic professionals excite you?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Corporate Affairs team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative planning, engineering, architecture, and energy systems professionals and support staff. Reporting to the Manager of Legal and Corporate Affairs, the successful candidate will actively assist and participate in the day-to-day activities of our legal and corporate affairs teams, as well as manage the reception desk and surrounding area.
If you are an organized, detail-oriented, and friendly communicator, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Managing the reception desk, including greeting clients and patrons, managing incoming and outgoing mail and packages, and answering inquiries.
- Collecting and organizing corporate data and files, including managing databases and folders using best practices.
- Organizing the daily efforts of our legal and corporate affairs teams, including being the first point of contact for our teams and crafting workflows between internal stakeholders.
- Coordinating between a range of administrative, clerical, and legal professionals to deliver on requests and ferry projects to timely completion.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re particularly proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes. You should also know that:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration across multiple disciplines – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver planning services to support both public and private sector clients, as well as municipal, provincial, and federal agencies.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion, and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now