- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Structural Engineer with 5+ years of experience in the design and construction of steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures?
- Do you want to continue to explore the many facets that consulting engineering has to offer, including technical development, business, and communication skills, and entrepreneurial spirt?
- Finally, want to be part of a structural team that is developing leading-edge structural design processes accessing the performance-based sections of the code? Improving and quantifying the reliability of the designed structures leading our structural team being sought after by clients for their effective design results? No rust will be allowed to form on your skills, in fact we push our engineers to expand their knowledge and continue the leading-edge activities we’ve accomplished.
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in all our offices for talented, entrepreneurial people to build and grow in some of JLR’s key business markets. Did you know JLR’s structural engineers were the first in Canada to design a major PWGSC building to incorporate blast design as part of the security regime? This was over 20 years ago. We’ve continued these design activities in over 30 countries for over 15 years. Want to dust off your passport? Past travels include West Bank, Jamaica, Lebanon, Columbia, India, Guiana, and many more. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you provide guidance and mentoring to our teams, help to bring on new clients, service existing ones and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Designing, internal coordination, project management, and contract administration during construction of industrial, institutional, and commercial projects, from concept to completion.
- Leading the development of competitive proposals to secure new assignments.
- Working with an established, multidisciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to carry out studies, develop design documents, and provide services during construction.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, longterm employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Have an informal chat with Senior Structural Engineer, Sebastien Bernard, P.Eng.
Interested in our Structural projects? Check out the expansion work we did for the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport; or our design work for the structural components at the Gold Mine Concentrator Facility (Mill); or the Vale Living with Lakes Centre where we collaborated with internationally recognized scientists with expertise in protecting and restoring industrially damaged ecosystems to inform the building’s design.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now