- Are you a natural leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies, performance based design, and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you interested in projects that support the economy, protect the environment, and provide critical services to the public?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Senior Structural Engineer with at least eight years of experience in the design of environmental structures and looking to expand your knowledge with the implementation of new codes and practices?
- Have you ever considered leading your own practice, but worried that the amount of time and resources needed would be overwhelming?
- Finally, want to be part of a structural team that is developing leading edge structural design processes accessing the performance-based sections of the code. Improving and quantifying, the reliability of the designed structures leading to our structural team being sought after by clients for their effective design results. No rust will be allowed to form on your skills, in fact, we push our engineers to expand their knowledge and continue the leading-edge activities we’ve accomplished.
If you scored six for six, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in all our offices for talented, entrepreneurial engineers to continue to grow one of JLR’s key business markets – Environmental Infrastructure which for us encompasses water and wastewater treatment and solid waste management. Want to get your nerd on? our structural engineers write technical papers and go to conferences to present them. We’ve been to Vancouver, Toronto, Victoria, Ottawa and Montreal presenting papers on the seismic design of Waste Water Treatment Plants, seismic design of diaphragms (incorporated as new provisions for the 2015 NBCC) and other topics. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you provide guidance and mentoring to our teams, help to bring on new clients, service existing ones and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Designing, internal coordination, project management, and contract administration during the construction of environmental infrastructure projects, from concept to completion including water treatment, wastewater treatment, and solid waste management.
- Leading the development of competitive proposals to secure new assignments.
- Working with an established, multi-disciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to carry out studies, develop design documents, and provide services during construction.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs) and much more.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.