J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our employees, clients, suppliers, visitors, and other stakeholders who enter our premises, access our information, or use our professional services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), Customer Service Standard, and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation for Information and Communications Standards, The Employment Standards, and The Design of Public Space Standards.
This Standard applies to all services offered at office facilities owned or leased by JLR in Ontario.
JLR has made a commitment to accessibility for everyone who uses our services. JLR has identified that we have an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance with accessibility legislation by incorporating policies, procedures, equipment requirements, training for employees, and best practices.
We commit to reviewing accessibility policies and procedures on a regular basis. Our commitment to making our organization accessible to everyone includes the integration of accessibility legislation with our policies, procedures, programs, and training. We are committed to reviewing and incorporating the following information at least every five years:
- Legislation regarding the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
- Integrated Accessibility Standards for Information and Communications, Employment, and Design of Public Space.
- Accessible employment practices such as recruitment, assessment, and selection;.
- Developing emergency response plans and individual workplaces accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
- Customer Service Standards.
- Accessible communication supports and information formats (both digital and nondigital).
- Communicating with people with various forms of disabilities.
- Accessible websites and web content.
- Assistive devices, mobility aids, service animals and support persons.
- Transportation vehicles and equipment requirements.
- Notices of service disruptions (temporary or long term).
- JLR policies and procedures regarding accessibility.
- Reporting procedures.
- Training procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
JLR understands that providing accessible and barrier-free environments for everyone is a shared effort.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.