- Are you passionate about building sustainable infrastructure for growing communities in an environmentally responsible way?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic registered Civil EIT with a minimum of two years’ experience?
- Are you excited to learn and seek out new experiences, skills, and abilities?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Civil group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working directly with civil engineers and other discipline team members as part of an integrated project team.
- Working with an established, multidisciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to develop solutions for municipal infrastructure, carry out studies, and provide services during construction.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals, reports, specifications, and budget estimates.
- Communicating effectively with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the great lakes of Ontario. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now