- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven engineer, planner, or technologist with at least 15 years of experience in consulting engineering?
We’ve opened a role for a talented, enthusiastic person to build upon and lead JLR’s Civil, Municipal & Planning Market. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you provide guidance and mentoring to our teams, help to bring on new clients, service existing ones and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
What is included in our Civil, Municipal & Planning Market?
Our Civil, Municipal & Planning Market broadly covers all forms of linear public infrastructure and the planning activities that support it. Master planning, environmental assessment, design, and construction of roads, sewers, watermains, active transportation infrastructure, bridges and other structures for both public and private sector clients are all part of our market. In addition to the engineering services, our professional planning team plays a critical role in the success of this market for JLR. We have an extensive and well-established client base across Ontario and are looking for a market leader who can support the continued strategic planning, team development, and corporate growth in this broad and exciting market company wide.
Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Developing, managing, and expanding the client base and business opportunities in JLR’s Civil, Municipal & Planning Market.
- Providing oversight and support to our project leaders delivering work in the market.
- Thinking strategically about current and future opportunities, researching trends, and building shortterm and longterm plans for growth.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing the business skills and client liaison skills within the market.
- As a member of the leadership of the organization, working collaboratively with other stakeholders to achieve corporate objectives and ensure positive outcomes for the entire organization.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital region, and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, longterm employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Ready? Send us a cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.