- Are you looking to learn from a range of top electrical experts in the construction industry?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovating technologies and alternative delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Electrical Engineering or Technology Student studying at an accredited engineering program, looking for co-op experience in the field?
- Are you a self-starter that is excited to learn and seek out new experiences, skills, and abilities?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Guelph office for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Electrical Discipline. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities. Our work spans the gamut from concept development to construction and start up.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams at JLR to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
JLR has several major building projects under development and is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic student to join its Electrical Discipline in our Guelph office as an electrical student in January 2024.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with electrical engineers and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary consulting project team at all stages, from conceptual design to final commissioning.
- Engineering design and contract administration services for projects in the institutional, municipal, industrial and commercial sectors.
- Assist with preparation of proposals to be submitted to clients for potential new work.
- Prepare drawings and specifications for normal and emergency power distribution, communication, fire alarm, lighting, and instrumentation and control systems.
- Issue addenda, review contractor bids, and provide recommendation of award letter to the client during the bidding period.
- Respond to contractor RFIs, review shop drawings, prepare change documents, perform site reviews, and review contractor progress draws during construction.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, architects, and subconsultants on multidisciplinary projects.
- Communicate with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Successfully completed at least one year of an electrical engineering/technology program from an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Practical thinker with an understanding of typical building electrical systems.
- Proficiency in the current versions of AutoCAD and/or Revit software.
- Excellent analytic, oral, and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and possess the ability to work in a team environment.
Why Join Us?
- Friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration.
- Interesting and exciting project assignments ranging in size and type.
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development along with an “open-door” policy where communication is encouraged.
- Extracurricular social events.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now