- Do you enjoy being part of the broad discipline that is electrical engineering, taking a deep dive into electrical distribution, illumination, processes, life safety or advanced building systems, and maintaining strong client relationships?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Electrical Technologist or Technician?
- Are you a graduate from a recognized technology program that can read drawings, schematics, and understand electrical codes?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! Our Kingston and Sudbury offices is looking for a for a talented, entrepreneurial Electrical Technologist to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Electrical group. JLR is a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program and a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors. As Electrical Technologist you’ll take on existing clients, develop new relationships, and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role as Electrical Technologist will include:
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design normal and emergency power distribution, communication, life safety, lighting, instrumentation, and control systems.
- Preparing electrical bid and construction drawings and documents for various projects.
- Assisting engineers and technologists with project execution during all project phases.
- Communicating effectively with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- Coordinating with other engineering discipline, architects, and subconsultants on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in eastern Ontario, western Ontario, and along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an open-door policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our Electrical projects? Check out our collaborative, multidisciplinary work on the Laurentian University East Residence in Sudbury, the Nordion Radiopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility in Ottawa, or learn how we oversaw the design and construction for the City of Kingston’s award-winning Ravensview Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.