- Are you passionate about building sustainable water, wastewater, and solid waste infrastructure for Ontario communities to help them grow in an environmentally responsible way?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovation technologies and alternative delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Civil or Environmental Engineering or Technology student studying at an accredited engineering program, looking for co-op experience in the field?
- Are you a self-starter that is excited to learn and seek out new experiences, skills, and abilities?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in our offices across Ontario for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Environmental group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships, and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working directly with environmental engineers and other discipline team members as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team.
- Assisting Engineers and Designers with project execution during all project phases.
- Assisting on Engineering in a wide variety of studies and design projects involving water and wastewater pumping stations, water storage, reservoirs, water wastewater treatment plants, solid waste and biogas facilities, and providing support to multidisciplinary projects.
- Accompanying staff during visits to project sites and reporting on observations.
- Use of relevant design software.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals, reports, specifications, budget estimates, and other administrative tasks.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now