- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Instrumentation & Controls Engineer P.Eng. with at least 5 years of experience in the design of instrumentation and control systems?
- Do you have a broad application knowledge of Industrial Controls, Instrumentation, PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, and relay-based control systems?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in our Ottawa and Kingston offices for talented and motivated people for our environmental infrastructure market. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you help to deliver world-class solutions to our clients.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Interpreting and understanding P&IDs, generating control system architecture based on mechanical and process requirements (control narrative, flow charts, IO list, interlocks, safety zones, operator interface, networking, schematics etc.)
- Designing of industrial communication systems (Modbus, Fieldbus, Ethernet/IP, Profibus, DeviceNET)
- Specification of process control instrumentation
- Installation design such as equipment layout, cable trays, and Instrumentation mounting
- Specification of motor controls and drives
- 600V, 480V or 120/208V distribution design as it pertains to industrial processes
- Planning and executing FATs and SATs, installation, commissioning and testing new equipment and processes
- Working with an established, multi-disciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to carry out studies, develop design documents, and provide services during construction
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know that:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, initiative, and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Click here to have an informal chat with someone from the I&C team. Once we receive your information, we will get in touch with you.
Interested in our Electrical, Instrumentation and Control projects? Check out the work we did in Corner Brook, on the Water Treatment Plant. Or the work on Waste Water Treatment Plants in Ravensview and Owen Sound.
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now