- Do you enjoy being part of the broad discipline that is electrical engineering, taking a deep dive into electrical distribution, automation and controls, processes, life safety or advanced building systems, and maintaining strong client relationships?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Electrical Engineer with 6+ years of experience?
- Are you a graduate from an accredited electrical engineering program with your P.Eng. designation?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! Our Ottawa office is looking for a talented and entrepreneurial Intermediate Electrical Engineer to work alongside the exceptional people in JLR’s Industrial Electrical group. The successful candidate will be joining a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program and a 100% employee-owned firm with a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors. As Intermediate Electrical Engineer, you’ll take on existing clients, develop new relationships, and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals along with our talented support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. As Intermediate Electrical Engineer, your role will include:
- Designing, conducting internal coordination, project management, and contract administration during construction of industrial type projects, from concept through to completion.
- Leveraging your specialized electrical engineering experience in industrial infrastructure/processes or manufacturing markets.
- Assisting with the management of workload of technicians and designers to ensure that project deadlines are met, and final deliverables align with client expectations.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and the development of estimates for engineering services.
- Applying engineering fundamentals, including the application and verification of related software tools.
- Preparing accurate, clearly written, and well-organized technical reports.
- Mentoring junior engineers, EITs, and technologists.
- Coordinating with other engineering discipline and architects on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and along the great lakes to the St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative with an open-door policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Have an informal chat on LinkedIn with Sanjay Narayan, P.Eng., Instrumentation & Controls Engineer, or Boris Smaryanakis, P.Eng. Electrical Engineer, to learn more about our Electrical team.
Interested in our Industrial Electrical projects? Check out our work on a Confidential Cellulosic Ethanol Plant, where the team completed a detailed mechanical design package for all equipment, process and utility piping, plant layout, and building structure conceptual design. You can also check out the detailed engineering of a water control trailer and HMI software design our team provided for the Global Aerospace Centre for Icing and Environmental Research Inc. Facility in Manitoba.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now