- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to realize staff’s highest potential, develop local goals and actionable objectives, and foster an inclusive and supportive work environment excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven engineer, architect, planner, or technologist with at least 14 years of experience in consulting or related fields?
- Are you an experienced, forward-looking leader looking for the next step in your career?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Guelph office for a talented, enthusiastic person to build upon and lead JLR’s local Civil, Environmental, and Planning team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you provide guidance and mentoring to our teams, help to bring on new clients, service existing ones and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Supported by JLR’s senior leadership team and working alongside JLR-Guelph’s Manager of Structural, Architectural & Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, your role will include:
Leadership and Management Aspects:
- Providing daily guidance to our Guelph Civil, Environmental, and Planning team.
- Assisting in the implementation of strategies to allow for consistent delivery across projects and markets.
- Coaching employees, including both formal and informal training and mentoring.
- Assisting in ensuring back up and succession by monitoring the ongoing development of staff members’ abilities and scope of expertise.
- Providing input and leadership on office strategy and direction.
- Guiding a program of local wellness and employee engagement initiatives.
- As a member of the leadership of the organization, working collaboratively with other stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes for the entire organization.
- As either an engineer, architect, planner, or technologist, engaging through all project stages, from definition, through planning, design, and construction using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs and manage and deliver projects.
- Ensuring fluid communication between the various internal and external stakeholders involved in each project.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and budget estimates.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, architects, and planners on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Ready? Send us a cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.