- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Planner with at least 10 years of experience?
- Does mentoring and providing guidance to a growing team of approximately 10 other talented junior and senior planners and technicians while fostering the creation of high-quality custom solutions for clients excite you?
We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial person to build upon and lead JLR’s Ottawa-based Planning group. We’re looking for an energetic person to be part of our multidisciplinary team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you provide guidance and mentoring to our teams, help to bring on new clients, service existing ones, and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative architecture, engineering, and planning professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful planning solutions for our public and private sector clients and participate in large, multidisciplinary projects from inception to completion.
With offices across Ontario, all staffed with a diverse team of professionals, JLR stands out in the industry due to our unique collaborative approach.
Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
Leadership and Management Aspects:
- Bringing your vision and energy to help build and guide the Planning practice in Ottawa.
- Working along side our corporate leaders and partners in the Ottawa office and beyond.
- Providing daily guidance to our Ottawa Planning team for both business and technical development.
- Collaborating with our Planning leadership team to ensure effective service delivery across the province.
- Engaging in business development within the Municipal Infrastructure & Planning Market.
- Assisting in the implementation of policies and business strategies to allow for consistent delivery across projects and markets.
- Coaching employees, including both formal and informal training and mentoring.
- As a member of the leadership team of the organization, working collaboratively with other stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes for the entire organization.
- Engaging through all project stages, using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs, and manage and deliver projects.
- Creating effective land use planning frameworks and studies for municipal clients, navigating land use planning, and other approvals for private clients.
- Understanding and navigating public sector governance, decision making, policies, and administrative procedures and practices.
- Ensuring fluid communication between the various internal and external stakeholders involved in each project.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and budget estimates.
- Coordinating with engineering disciplines, architects, and other planners on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an open-door policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.