- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven engineer, architect, planner, or technologist with at least 10 years of experience in consulting engineering?
We’ve opened a role in our Timmins office for a talented, enthusiastic person to build upon and lead JLR’s multidisciplinary team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you provide guidance and mentoring to our teams, help to bring on new clients, service existing ones, and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
Leadership and Management Aspects:
- Providing daily guidance to our Timmins team.
- Assisting in the implementation of strategies to allow for consistent delivery across projects and markets.
- Coaching employees, including both formal and informal training and mentoring.
- Assisting in ensuring back up and succession by monitoring the ongoing development of staff members’ abilities and scope of expertise.
- Providing input and leadership on office strategy and direction.
- As a member of the leadership of the organization, working collaboratively with other stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes for the entire organization.
- As either an engineer, architect, planner, or technologist, engaging through all project stages, from definition, through planning, design, and construction using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs and manage and deliver projects.
- Carrying out and directing visits to client and construction sites.
- Ensuring fluid communication between the various internal and external stakeholders involved in each project.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and budget estimates.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, architects, and planners on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now