- Are you looking to learn from a range of top mechanical experts in the construction industry?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternative delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Mechanical Engineering Technology Student studying at an accredited engineering technology program, looking for co-op experience in the field?
- Are you a self-starter that is excited to learn and seek out new experiences, skills, and abilities?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’re looking for a for a talented, entrepreneurial Mechanical Co-op Student to work alongside the exceptional people in JLR’s Mechanical group at our Kingston, Sudbury or Timmins office. JLR is a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program and a 100% employee-owned firm with a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors. As a Mechanical Co-op Student, you’ll help the Mechanical group take on existing clients, develop new relationships, and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities. Our work covers everything from concept development to construction and start up.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams at JLR to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
JLR has several major building projects under development and is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic student to join the Mechanical team in one of our northern offices as a Mechanical Co-op Student in May 2024.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with mechanical engineers and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary consulting project team at all stages, from conceptual design to final commissioning.
- Assisting in engineering design and contract administration services for projects in the institutional, municipal, industrial, and commercial sectors.
- Assisting with preparation of proposals to be submitted to clients for potential new work.
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design piping, ductwork, and related systems.
- Accompanying staff during visits to construction sites and reporting on observations.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, architects, and subconsultants on multidisciplinary projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Successfully completed at least one year of a mechanical engineering technology program from an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Practical thinker with an understanding of typical building electrical systems.
- Proficiency in the current versions of AutoCAD and/or Revit software.
- Excellent analytic, oral, and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and possess the ability to work in a team environment.
Why Join Us?
- Friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration.
- Interesting and exciting project assignments ranging in size and type.
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development along with an “open-door” policy where communication is encouraged.
- Extracurricular social events.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now