We’ve opened a role in all our offices for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Architectural group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Leading projects and design teams.
- Working alongside the Chief Architect and JLR leadership group to drive projects forward.
- Collaborating with team members as part of an integrated project team, including execution, design, and reporting.
- Engaging through all project stages, from the definition, through planning, design, and construction, using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs and manage and deliver projects.
- Architectural design and contract administration related to a variety of commercial, institutional, and industrial construction projects.
- Liaising with clients, engagement and leadership business and client development activities.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals, reports, specifications, contract documents and budget estimates.
- As required, travelling between JLR offices across Ontario and Canada to meet the needs of various projects and/or training purposes.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know that:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, initiative, and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Have an informal chat with Stephanie Campbell, OAA Senior Architect, to learn more about our Architectural team, or Julie Duhaime, OAA., Associate and Senior Architect, to learn more about our Northern Offices.
Interested in our Architectural projects? Check out the award-winning Vale Living with Lakes Centre or the new Field Crop Services Building we designed for the University of Guelph Ontario Agricultural College.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now