- Are you an experienced, resourceful, and enthusiastic Civil Field Inspector?
- Do you enjoy going to project sites and liaising with different stakeholders?
- Do you enjoy working on civil municipal projects?
- Do you have eight or more years of experience in the field?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Civil group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Interpreting requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Acting as a liaison with contractors, field staff, and other stakeholders.
- Verifying quantities, preparing daily progress reports, and maintaining written and photographic documentation and records.
- Ensuring compliance with contract standards.
- Preparing civil design drawings using AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MicroStation in the off season.
- Assisting engineers and technologists with project execution during all project phases.
- Demonstrating good organizational, administrative, observational, and problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now