- Are you passionate about building Canada’s low-carbon future?
- Does leading and mentoring multidisciplinary staff to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Engineer with 10 – 30 years of experience in energy systems, renewable energy systems, and consulting engineering?
- Are you interested in working on unique and pioneering projects in the field of energy systems?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Guelph office for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Energy Systems group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships, and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Supporting the growth of the Energy Systems team through external initiatives (business development and marketing) and internal initiatives (mentoring and peer review).
- Working with clients to guide, support and develop project solutions that meet their – and our planet’s – needs.
- Developing improved and more efficient modeling and analysis methodologies for energy project deliverables.
- Organizing the workload of technicians and junior engineers to ensure that project deadlines are met, and final deliverables align with client expectations.
Qualifications and Assets
Mechanical Engineering, Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Architectural Conservation and Sustainability Engineering, bachelor degrees are all suitable.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an open-door policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Have an informal chat with Adam Frey, our Energy Systems Engineering Designer on LinkedIn.
Interested in our Energy Systems projects? Check out how we were selected to undertake a study to investigate the feasibility of deployment of photovoltaics (PV) at the Department of National Defense’s Headquarter’s Campus in Ottawa; or how we are currently designing the new City of Cornwall Fire Station Headquarters and Training Centre incorporating renewable energy sources.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now