- Are you looking to learn from a range of top structural experts in the construction industry?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternative delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Structural Engineering Student studying at an accredited engineering program seeking a 16-month co-op experience in the field?
- Are you a self-starter that is excited to learn and seek out new experiences, skills, and abilities?
If you scored four for four, we have a home for you! JLR is looking for talented and entrepreneurial candidates to work as a Structural Co-op Student alongside the exceptional people in JLR’s Structural group in our offices across Ontario. JLR is a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program and a 100% employee-owned firm with a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors. As a Structural Co-op Student, you will help our Structural group take on existing clients, develop new relationships, and deliver world-class innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients, partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions, and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative, collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role as a Structural Co-op Student will include:
- Assisting engineers and designers in the design of institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings, as well as other structural systems.
- Participating in the assessment and analysis of existing buildings and structures.
- Participating in the preparation of written reports, specifications, engineering calculations, construction drawings, technical presentations, and other technical documents.
- Coordinating with other engineers, disciplines, architects, and subconsultants on multidisciplinary projects.
- Use of relevant design software.
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know:
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path with interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us your high school transcript, a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now