- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Structural EIT looking for a career in the engineering consulting industry?
- Do you have a desire to actively participate on multidisciplinary teams of architects, engineers, planners, and other specialists to get the job done?
If you scored three for three, JLR has a home for you! We’re looking for a talented Structural EIT to join our Structural team in either our Ottawa, Sudbury, or Timmins office. Joining JLR means joining a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program and a 100% employee-owned firm with a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors. As a Structural EIT, you will help bring on new clients, service existing ones, and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. We are a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role as Structural EIT will include:
- Working with senior engineers and designers to design of a wide variety of mining infrastructure and industrial buildings, along with other structural systems.
- Participating in the assessment and analysis of existing buildings and structures.
- Discussing, developing, and communicating ideas with verbal and graphic clarity utilizing a design process and collaboration model that includes a wide range of tools, such as drawing/sketching, modelling, diagramming, and 3D work.
- Preparing written reports, specifications, construction drawings, and other technical documents as required.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and along the Great lakes, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and pursue interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.