- Are you a true leader with vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients with unique needs in challenging environments excite you?
- Are you interested in helping clients develop, redevelop, and maintain critical assets to facilitate resource extraction and fuel the northern Ontario economy?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Structural Engineer with at least eight years of experience in the design and construction of industrial steel and concrete structures?
- Have you ever considered leading your own practice, but worried that the amount of time and resources needed would be overwhelming?
If you scored five for five, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our northern offices for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s structural group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities. Our dedicated mining group has spent the past 45 years providing specialized solutions for diverse clients in this sector, from underground infrastructure to purpose-built surface structures. JLR envisions continued growth for our mining group as we continue to support the ongoing operation and maintenance of the many legacy facilities around the north, as well as support new projects in the planning and execution stages.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning professionals, and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Design, internal coordination, project management, and providing technical support to clients during the construction of industrial and mining projects, from concept to completion.
- Leading the development of proposals to secure new assignments.
- Working with an established, multidisciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to carry out studies, develop design documents, and provide services during construction.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the great lakes of Ontario. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home work environment).
- We offer stable, longterm employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing our careers email address.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion, and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now