- Does working with an experienced design team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a graduate of an architectural or engineering technology program?
- Do you love working in Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks to contribute to great design and problem solving?
- Do you have knowledge of the Ontario and National Building Codes?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in multiple offices for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Structural group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working directly with engineers, architects, and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team at all stages, from concept design to completion.
- Preparing bids, construction drawings, and documents for a wide range of projects.
- Discussing, developing, and communicating ideas with verbal and graphic clarity utilizing a design process and collaboration model that includes a wide range of tools, such as drawing/sketching, modelling, diagramming, and 3D work.
- Assisting engineers, architects, and technologists with project execution during all project phases.
- Coordinating with other disciplines on multidisciplinary projects.
- Travelling between JLR offices and project sites across Ontario and Canada, as required, to meet the needs of various projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the great lakes of Ontario. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multidisciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our Structural projects? Check out Structural Engineering | J.L. Richards & Associates (jlrichards.ca)
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now