- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Are you passionate about interacting with client management teams, engineers in other technical disciplines, and stakeholders?
- Are you interested in managing interdisciplinary transportation projects, document preparation and production, managing sub-consultants, monitoring budgets, schedules, and quality?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Transportation Engineer with 10 years of experience in transportation design?
If you scored five for five, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Civil group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Developing, managing, and expanding the client base and business opportunities in JLR’s Transportation Engineering Discipline.
- Providing oversight and support to our project leaders delivering work in this discipline.
- Thinking strategically about current and future opportunities, researching trends, and building short-term and long-term plans for growth.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing the business skills and client liaison skills within the market.
- As a member of the leadership of the organization, working collaboratively with other stakeholders to achieve corporate objectives and ensure positive outcomes for the entire organization.
- Working with an established, multi-disciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to build innovative transportation solutions for our clients.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (Prom, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
- The successful candidate must have strong organizational, interpersonal coordination and project facilitation skills. This position will work both independently and as a collaborative team member to execute the required work activities.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.Apply now