- Does working with an experienced design team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a licenced Architect (OAA) with at least five years of diverse project experience?
- Do you have a strong understanding of building envelope systems, are well versed in the Ontario Building Code (Part 3), and are proficient with the CCDC 2 2020?
- Do you possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage and synthesize projects?
We have opened roles in all our offices for entrepreneurial people to build and grow JLR’s Architectural, commercial, and institutional market. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors while you help to bring on new clients and service existing ones and deliver world-class solutions.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative architectural, engineering, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you have a keen eye for design, are technically skilled and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Lead projects and design teams.
- Work alongside the Chief Architect and JLR leadership group to drive projects forward.
- Collaborate with team members as part of an integrated project team, including execution, design, and reporting.
- Engage through all project stages, from the definition, through planning, design, and construction, using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs and manage and deliver projects.
- Architectural design and contract administration related to a variety of commercial, institutional, and industrial construction projects.
- Liaise with clients, engagement and leadership of the business, and client development activities.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, reports, specifications, contract documents and budget estimates.
- As required, travel between JLR offices across Ontario and Canada to meet the needs of various projects and/or training purposes.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in Northern Ontario, and all along the Great Lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Want to get more insight before you apply? Have an informal chat with Stephanie Campbell, OAA Senior Architect to learn more about our Architectural team, or , Julie Duhaime, OAA., Associate and Senior Architect, to learn more about our Northern Offices.
Interested in our Architectural projects? Check out the award winning LEED Platinum Vale Living with Lakes Centre project for Laurentian University ; or the new Field Crop Services Building we designed for the University of Guelph Ontario Agricultural College.
Ready? Send us a cover letter, resume, and portfolio outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now