- Are you passionate about building sustainable infrastructure for developing communities in an environmentally responsible way?
- Does leading and mentoring staff to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Civil Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in municipal engineering, ideally in land development and community building?
- Have you ever considered moving into a leadership role, but were worried that the amount of time and resources needed would be overwhelming?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to grow into leadership by working alongside exceptional people in JLR’s land development group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in the municipal sector, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, sustainable solutions that support community building and growth in our city. Our work spans the gamut from concept development to final commissioning of constructed works and includes urban planning, master servicing studies, transportation, municipal servicing, stormwater management, water distribution system analysis and design, construction administration, AND we’re even developing ideas for future renewables in our subdivision designs.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, a solid mentor, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working with an established, multi-disciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to find servicing solutions, carry out studies, and provide services during construction
- Managing projects, mentoring, and leading junior staff through day-to-day puzzles
- Working with long-time, established clients to ensure their expectations are met, as well as forging new relationships and creating new pathways for business development
- Leading the development of competitive proposals to secure new assignments.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re particularly proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital region. You should also know that:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small site plans, complex subdivisions, and large multi-disciplinary projects
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our land development projects? Check out how we developed a municipal desktop geographic information system (GIS) for the the Municipality of Mississippi Mills; how we conducted a review of the Haliburton County Shoreline Policy, which applies to the County’s lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, and other natural features; or the beautiful suburb of Hazelton in Sudbury, where the occupants of 250 homes established in the 1990s saw their neighbourhood redesigned to increase parkland and add traffic calming measures, among a host of other improvements.
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.