J. L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. JLR provides high-quality architecture, engineering, planning, and project management services to private and public clients. With offices across Ontario, all staffed with a diverse team of professionals, JLR stands out in the industry due to our unique collaborative approach.
To support our recent and ongoing growth, JLR’s team is looking to add Senior Architectural Technologists to augment and round out our team. We’re looking for talented and creative people to support both the business development and technical delivery of projects.
The ideal candidate will be a Senior Architectural Technologist with at least fifteen years of diverse project experience and possess a demonstrated passion for excellence in architecture and design. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly organized knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (Part 3) and proficiency with the CCDC 2 2020, strong understanding of building envelope systems and the ability to multi-task in a busy office are key attributes.
At JLR, candidates can expect to join a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with significant opportunities for driven people with tenacity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines.
Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Work directly with architects, engineers and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team at all stages, from concept design to completion
- Prepare bids, construction drawings, and documents for industrial and commercial projects
- Discuss, develop, and communicate ideas with verbal and graphic clarity utilizing a design process and collaboration model that includes a wide range of tools, such as drawing/sketching, modelling, diagramming, and 3-D work (Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup)
- Assist architects, engineers, and technologists with project execution during all project phases
- Coordinate with other disciplines on multidisciplinary projects
- Leader in the architectural technologist group and mentorship of junior staff
- Travel between JLR offices and project sites across Ontario/Canada, as required, to meet the needs of various projects
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know that:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, initiative, and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our Architectural projects? Check out the award-winning LEED Platinum Vale Living with Lakes Centre project for Laurentian University ; or the new Field Crop Services Building we designed for the University of Guelph Ontario Agricultural College.
Ready? Send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now